Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Friday, December 30, 2005

I once was blind...

I am so amazed at the mere memories I have of a time in my life that I completely took for granted. I think about how lucky I was to be in that place at that time and I wonder why I couldn't see it in the moment.
I didn't feel lucky.
It didn't feel extra special.
It felt...normal.
The truth is, the whole experience was about as rare as they come...for me at least. Sometimes I think, "If I stumbled into something so rare without even trying...what will happen if I DO try?"

The way experience turns into growth is, granted a sometimes painful, but always a very cool process. I guess we all have a lot more of that to go through, no matter how grown-up we think we are.

...but now I see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home