Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Because I Knew You...

I've heard it said
that people come into our lives
for a reason
bringing something we must learn
and we are led
to the ones who help us most to grow
if we let them
and we help them in return

It may well be
that we will never meet again
in this lifetime
so let me say before we part
so much of me
is made of what I learned from you
you'll be with me
like a handprint on my heart
and now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine by being my friend.

Like a comet pulled from orbit
as it passes the sun
like a stream that meets a boulder
half way through the wood
who can say if I've been changed
for the better
but, because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home