Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Break me

God is really trying to break a misconception that I have: the term "God's way" or "God's will" doesn't always have to imply a certain method. I think sometimes the idea is more important than the way you go about it.

(I haven't really spent much time thinking about how to word this...hopefully it makes sense)

Granted, there are certain things that God says we absolutely should not do. But as long as we're in the circle of His moral will, I think the process is probably up to us.

Example: (hopefully this will make more sense, since this is what sparked the thought process in the first place.)
A good friend of mine...who I'm hoping won't mind that I'm stealing his words...said something that I thought was AMAZING:
"God's view of dating, is not what "selfish I" can get, but how can I die to self and what I can give to make somebody else happier."

*pause for reaction*

There's really nothing to add.

It's not about labels, traditional dating or courtship or whatever, it's about your heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home