Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Friday, April 07, 2006

Cares Chorus

I cast all my cares
upon You
I lay all of my burdens
down at Your feet
and any time
I don't know
what to do
I just cast all my cares
upon You.

My parents used to sing me to sleep almost every night and this is the only song I really remember. I remember after the divorce my mom singing and playing it on the piano. Even now it gives me the same feeling it did when I was 4 years old. This overwhelming sense of peace that is unlike any other feeling I have.

It's been on the tip of my tongue every day for the past month.

I don't think our bodies and our minds were created to handle everything this broken world throws at us. I think sometimes we have to say, "I have NO clue. Take it God, it's all yours."

Much easier said than done...

1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Micah said…

    I really like that song/chorus. How true it is that we are weak and full of burdens but He is strong and he caries us through the unknowns of life.

    FROG - Fully Rely On God

    (Proverbs 3:5, 6)
    5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
    6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home