Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Monday, April 03, 2006

Which Jesus do you serve?

Who is this that you follow
This picture of the American dream
If Jesus was here would you walk right by
on the other side
Or fall down and worship
at His holy feet?

Pretty blue eyes
and curly brown hair
and a clear complexion
is how you see Him as He dies for your sins
But the word says
He was battered and scarred
or did you miss that part?
Sometimes I doubt we'd recognize him

My Jesus
bled and died for my sins
He spent his time with thieves and liars
He loved the poor and accosted the arrogant
So which one do you want to be?

Not a posterchild for American prosperity,
but like my Jesus
I'm tired of living for success and popularity
I wanna be like my Jesus.

-Todd Agnew

This is one of those songs that makes me cry EVERY time I hear it. And I don't mean one or two tears, I'm talking all out, full fledged crying. The words are so powerful.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Micah said…

    I don't know if I have heard that song yet but I like the words. That is powerful. Thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home