Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Jealousy

I have found that the best way to combat feelings of jealousy (which I've been feeling a lot lately) is to pray for God to bless the person you're jealous of.
For instance:
There's a girl I know who shares the same passion that I do. Singing. She's interested in singing during our church services. She's really humble about it and right now she's trying to see what options she has, but every time the subject comes up in conversation I start to get extremely jealous, nervous, bitter, hateful...all these awful emotions. I don't want to be that kind of person.
I was thinking about that on the way home from work tonight, and the idea of praying FOR this girl, praying for God to give her what she wants, came to me. Proof positive that God's spirit is active in our lives because in my flesh I really want to be angry and hateful towards her. But thankfully God won out, and I started praying for her.
It's not an easy thing to do, but it definitely works.

The thing is, I don't have to have all these negative emotions because I believe that my God knows what I want and is able to provide me with opportunities beyond my wildest dreams. AND, I believe He's big enough to orchestrate that while also making other people's dreams come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home