Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My thoughts about my crappy country

This is it. I finally have solid proof that our President doesn't give a flying rat's ass about our country and is going to do whatever he would like because now, he doesn't have to worry about re-election.

We have major problems in this country...social security and medicare are going down the tubes alarmingly fast and Mr. Bush is spending 286.4 BILLION DOLLARS (and he considered that a good compromise!) on plants for the Regan Highway and a bridge in ALASKA connecting a town of 50 people to wherever the other end of the bridge is going to be.
I'm all for bridges, but if I move to Alaska I'm expecting to do a lot of driving. Those poor bridgeless people have actually been doing ok thus far, I don't see why we have to spend 941 MILLION dollars on a problem that really isn't there.
I don't want to seem like some anti-road psycho (I do think we could make better use of our railways but that's a different story). I'm all for improving roads, traffic congestion, traffic fatality stats, whatever. But our president needs to think about what the best way to spend our money really is.

And not only did he sign this ridiculous bill, he had to fly to Chicago to do it. His huge desk in his huge office wasn't enough, he had to use his private plane and an obscene amount of fuel to go to the hometown of the guy who "oversaw nearly two years of negotiations on Capitol Hill to get a slimmed-down version that Bush would accept". And all that after he got back from a trip to New Mexico to sign another bill.
Whatever happened to actually doing your job? When did it become such a circus?? At least I'm glad that saving money and boosting the economy is on his mind.
But maybe if he saved the Jet fuel and stayed in Washington an airline ticket wouldn't cost me $500...

While he's at it, why doesn't he just appoint himself as the Supreme Ruler of the US and knock off anybody who tries to stop him?
It may not be as far off as we think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home