Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

From tragedy to triumph?

My stepmom's friend Claudia, who is really close to my whole family, tried to commit suicide on Monday. Her son called my stepmom and she and my dad went over to Claudia's house. My dad ended up calling poison control and taking her to the hospital. Right now she's in an inpatient psychiatric facility.

It was such a shock because that's so out of character. It goes against everything she believes in and her whole philosophy of life. But I see it as an opportunity. She knows what I believe, she knows the fundamentals of Christianity, and she's seen me go through an amazing transformation in the past year after giving my life back to God. I know so many people who have finally embraced Him only after they've sunk as low as they possibly can and realize that nothing else will give them true fulfillment. I'm hoping that God will use the situation, and possibly use me, to build His kingdom.
And it's not just Claudia that can be reached, my stepmom said to me, "I guess I'll have to be strong for her now," and I had the chance to say you don't have to depend on your strength alone. Nothing huge, but it might be a step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home