Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Parallels

Yesterday while I was doing my paperwork I noticed that the program we use to record all our sales wasn't working. It could have been a potentially huge problem later in the day, so I let the theatre manager know...he called and they fixed it but that's not really the point. He told me that the last theatre he worked at in our same company had this problem for weeks at a time. Everyday he would call the people in charge of fixing the program when it didn't work, and they would find out what the problem was and say, "Ok, it's fixed for today." He thought...yeah it's fixed for today, but what about tomorrow?

In a weird way it reminded me of God. The world says, "Give me what will sustain me for weeks or months at a time," but God doesn't work that way. He gives us what we need for today (knowledge, strength, comfort, etc.) so that we learn to depend on him for what we need tomorrow. It makes our faith stronger and makes us love Him more.

Kind of a strange connection I know, but it made sense to me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home