Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Faith like a child

I was not looking forward to having to be in childcare last Saturday night. I hadn't been able to hear a sermon for over a month, between having to work and having to spend the nights I wasn't working taking care of kids. There were only a few kids, and there were 2 other adults, so I contemplated asking them if it would be alright if I left and listened to the service. I felt like I desperately needed to be in the next room learning about God. But He had something else in mind...
There are always those kids that attach themselves to you. You have a special bond for no apparent reason. That was the case with a little girl named Taylor. I was sitting on the floor and she came with a book that she'd grabbed off the shelf and sat in my lap. It was a book of Bible stories.
The experience was nothing new, I've read Bible stories to kids before. But as I was reading to Taylor, I thought of something. The stories I was reading are the most important stories she'll ever hear. The story of Jesus dying and the tomb being empty 3 days later is the most important thing anybody will ever tell her. She might not remember. She may or may not choose to give her life to God, but for those 5 minutes, I was the lucky person who had a chance to tell her how much He loves her.
It was such a privilage.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    You are such a sweetie! That was a great insight into why we are placed where we are at the minute. I miss our conversations

    Oh, and Riley wants to say he is being very helpul in writing this comment - Or so he thinks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home