Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Aaahhhh!

So, tonight a friend of mine did something for me that I probably would have never done myself...
Anyone who spends any length of time around me can probably tell that I'm a music junkie. I sing constantly. Half the time I don't even know I'm doing it. It gets really bad when people ask me to repeat what I said and I have to say, "I didn't say anything..."
This friend rode with me to church tonight and when she got in my car she heard this tape that I had recorded. We talked about how I eventually wanted to talk to the couple in charge of worship at church, but I was scared because I didn't know if the time was right and I didn't want to step on anybody's toes.
At the Next Level in breakoff groups, the guy who normally leads worship prayed for more leaders and specifically more musicians. After we were done my friend went to my car, took the tape, and gave it to him.

Yeah.

It's really scary, he could say he totally hates it and I should never sing another song as long as I live. But honestly, that fear is a better feeling than what I had been feeling...wanting to say something but being too afraid to even do that. Now it's totally out of my hands and God has complete control. I can rest in the fact that His timing is perfect, and if nothing happens, then it wasn't meant to be right now. It's also really cool because now they know that I'm interested, and with all the campus ministries in the works the possibilities are endless.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Micah said…

    That is so cool I know he will not say "he totally hates it". God has given you the ability and desire to sing, He will use it in your life and in the lives of many others! I remember last summer sitting in the back of Ryan’s truck singing songs shortly after you first started coming to the Rock. You have a beautiful voice and would be great helping with worship. I was bummed when you had your concert at the Presbyterian Church I wanted to go but I was stuck in a hospital bed. :-) I was glad you and your mom were able to come visit after it was over. I am excited to see how God is going to use you in music ministry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home