Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Monday, July 31, 2006

Turnabout is fair play...

A week and a half ago when I was so sad at God, I said something that I'm sure almost every Christian has said at some point..."I need SOME sign that You're listening and that You care." It was kind of a strange place for me to be at, only because I can usually convince myself that what I know about God is true, and if what I feel contradicts that, then it's not true. But not that day. The whole week had been so spiritually draining that I felt like my faith had no strength left. So I asked, in between moments of being angry and screaming, for some proof.

The answer wasn't the one I expected, or even the one I wanted in that moment. But it does go to show how BIG God is...

I've been praying for my cousin since October. She used to go to Bible camp with me, but I wasn't positive that she was saved. She's one of those cases where you know her life would be SO much better if she just understood how much God loves her. Anyway, my mom called and said that my cousin had been going to a little Baptist church and wanted to talk to us about what getting baptized meant. She had been saved about 3 weeks ago!

It was the best answer I could have gotten...I hadn't been praying for her faithfully, and (this is horrible) I've been so consumed with other things that I'd almost forgotten about her. But God didn't forget. Not only does He hear us, he remembers what we say...even when we don't.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Micah said…

    That is cool! Another life affected by God! "One life at a time, one world in our Lifetime"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home