Thoughts Right Now

she's learning the spaces she leaves have their own things to say

Thursday, July 20, 2006

It rained today and I was sad

(6.9.06)
Not everybody likes rain storms but no one can look at a rainbow and say "ew".
When you're IN the rain, you don't think about how beautiful the rainbow is going to be. You think about how wet and cold you are, and how long it's going to take you to dry out. But in the end, in God's time, it's a beautiful thing.

For the past week I have been praying for something big to happen. I know all about not putting God "in a box", and that His timing is different than ours, but I believe that He wants specific requests. So I was very specific.

I didn't get the answer I wanted.

It actually did rain this evening. When I looked, I didn't see a rainbow.

It was enough to make me depressed and angry...I'm out of ideas. I don't know what to do or say anymore. I talked to my mom and she said that sometimes there is nothing you can do or say except, "I trust You."
My only problem with that is it doesn't seem proactive enough...

"I keep wanting you to be fair, but that's not what You said.
I want certain answers to these prayers, but that's not what You said."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home